- Sealed unit cold air intake
- Genuine carbon fibre heatshield
- Reverse flow foam filter element
- Noticeable improvement in mid range performance
- Highly polished alloy components combined with deep weave carbon fibre for great under bonnet looks
The technology used in the Pipercross Viper was first seen on the famous Lotus 340R, but is now available for a wide range of vehicles.
Using 'velocity air force', each Viper air intake directs cold air directly into the engine. The cold air feed takes air from an area of cold, dense air straight into the Viper's inlet, swirling it through a unique Pipercross reverse-flow air filter contained within a carbon fibre heat shield, then into a ram pipe to increase the air pressure before feeding it into the induction system.
The carbon fibre heat shield protects the air charge from under bonnet heat keeping it cool -and therefore more dense -thus introducing more oxygen into the combustion mixture,giving increased power.